Quality Technology Services, LLC ("Company") and its affiliates and operating divisions are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information while you are an employee and after you end your employment. This Privacy Notice applies to job applicants, employees and former employees who are residents of California. It also applies to personal information we collect from you regarding the emergency contacts and beneficiaries of employees. You agree that you have permission to provide such information to us.
We are committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA”) effective January 1, 2020; and all data privacy laws in the jurisdictions in which we have employees and job applicants.
The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") grants State of California residents the following rights, to:
- Know what personal information is being collected about them;
- Know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Say no to the sale of their personal information;
- Access their personal information;
- Have their personal information deleted; and
- Have the right to equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights under this law.
An amendment to the CCPA provides an exemption for personal information that is collected by a business about person when they are applying for a job or acting as an employee, owner, director, or officer of the business. The exemption only applies to the extent the information is collected and used within the context of those roles. This exemption is currently set to expire on January 1, 2021. Until that date, we are required to provide this Privacy Notice and to treat your information securely.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies you, your household or your device or is reasonably capable of being connected with or linked to you, your household, or your device ("Personal Information"). Personal information does not include public information available from government records, de-identified or aggregated information or information that is protected by certain laws such as HIPAA for health related information and the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (“GLBA”) for certain financial information.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Birth date
- Social Security Number
- Driver's license Number
- Passport and other government identification numbers
- Employee photos for identification badges and system profiles
- Emergency contact information including relationship to employee
- Dependent and beneficiary information
- Personal Information Listed in the California Customer Records Statute
- The above identifiers
- Account information for payroll, reimbursement and benefits processing
- Employment and employment history information
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications
- Age and gender
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran and disability status
- Dependent and beneficiary information
- Commercial Information
- Not collected
- Biometric Information
- Fingerprints and iris scanning
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- Domain name
- Browser type
- Operating system
- Usage data (including IP addresses on devices running QTS mobile device management software)
- Geolocation Data
- Information that tells us from where you access our website if you are applying for a job or working remotely
- Geolocation data from the IP address on devices for all sessions that connect to QTS systems
- Sensory Data
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Job title and duties
- Immigration and work authorization status
- Withholding tax information
- Dependent and beneficiary information
- Pay information such as pay rate, and payroll deduction information
- Leave of absence information
- Other information necessary to administer benefits
- Performance management information such as employment status (full-time or part-time, regular or temporary), work schedule, job assignments, hours worked, business travel information, expatriate and secondment assignments, accomplishments and awards, training and development information, performance evaluation information, discipline and counselling information, and employment termination information
- Health and safety information such as health condition, job restrictions, drug testing information, workplace accident and illness information, and health insurance information
- Employment history
- Non-public Education Information
- Educational information relevant to hiring qualifications
- Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Information
- Performance management information derived from other information above.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you.For example, when you provide information to us when applying for a job or using our employee on-boarding processes.We also collect information about dependents and beneficiaries directly from you.
- From third parties.For example, we collect certain identifiers and employment related information from recruiters and companies that we use to perform background checks.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- We use all of the above information to onboard new employees, comply with applicable laws, comply with government requests for information, meet our contractual obligations and to initiate or respond to legal claims.
- We use Identifiers, Personal Information Listed in the California Customer Records Statute, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, Geolocation Data, Professional or Employment-Related Information, and Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Information to perform human resource functions, manage your employment and administer benefits.
- We use Identifiers, Personal Information Listed in the California Customer Records Statute, such as account information, and Professional or Employment Related Information to administer payroll, reimbursements and benefits.
- We use Characteristics of Protected Classifications to implement the Company’s diversity programs and to comply with applicable laws.
- We use Professional or Employment-Related Information such as health and safety Information to maintain a safe workplace, assess your working capacity, administer health and Workers’ Compensation insurance programs, and comply with applicable laws.
- We use Identifiers and Biometric Information to ensure that employees properly log-in to Company equipment and ensure that authorized employees have access to secured locations of Company.
- We use Internet or Other Electronic Network Information to protect the Company, customer, and employee property, equipment and confidential information; monitor employee performance; and enforce the Company’s electronic communications acceptable use policies.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We share information in each of the above categories as follows:
- All categories of information
- We will share information in all of the above categories if our company is sold or we engage in a merger or other such transaction.
- We will share information in all of the above categories of information in connection with a law enforcement request that is compliant with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Identifiers, Personal Information Listed in the California Customer Records Statute, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, Geolocation Data, and Professional or Employment-Related Information We share this information to service providers who use that information only to provide services to us such as sending postal mail or email, processing job applications, administering benefits, recruiting, background checks, administering HR and payroll services and processing data.
- We share some of this information with our security service providers to protect our property, equipment and people.
Who Do I Contact For More Information?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the collection of your personal information, please contact the Company at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
12851 Foster St.
Overland Park, KS 66213