QTS is actively monitoring developments with respect to COVID-19.
Our priorities are the following: the safety and wellness of our customers and partners, the safety and wellness of our employees and providing resilient service. We have taken numerous actions in each of these areas based on existing corporate policies. This includes activation of long-standing, pre-established Business Continuity, Emergency Response and Pandemic Response plans that provide resilience against unpredictable events. These plans collectively address how QTS mitigates the spread of the illness and maintains business continuity across our Operations, IT, Security, Provisioning, Management, Monitoring, Supply Chain and general Business Support functions.
In accordance with our pre-positioned plans, we have taken various actions to protect against the potential spread of the virus and safeguard our ability to provide resilient service.
1. Customer Safety
- We have significantly increased cleaning/disinfecting high-traffic areas and placed hand sanitizer at public locations throughout our sites.
- We ask all customers to monitor their employees who may visit our sites for symptoms of COVID-19 and hold back any employee who shows symptoms.
- QTS’ software-defined Service Delivery Platform provides additional flexibility for online monitoring, ordering, provisioning and predictive services for additional power and connectivity without the need to visit our sites.
2. Employee Safety
- In order to protect the ongoing health and wellness of our staff, we have implemented health & safety protocols across all sites.
- Face coverings are required where mandated by state or local mandates; any other employee or visitor may wear a face covering if they prefer.
- Our staff is encouraged to self-monitor daily for symptoms. If an employee feels ill or shows symptoms, he/she should seek medical care if needed or stay at home until the symptoms pass. Employees may confidentially contact the Benefits department for support or guidance on how to manage a positive diagnosis or potential exposure.
- We have resumed all business travel.
- We will continue to host tours and sales meetings at our sites. All visitors to observe our health and safety protocols.
3. Business Continuity
- We are following pre-established Business Continuity, Emergency Response and Pandemic Response plans to ensure continuity of business operations and service resilience.
- We have processes in place for internal employees (Facilities and Data Center Operations) that include backfilling roles on short notice if required.
- We are in close contact with all third-party suppliers to ensure continuity of their operations and are satisfied with the action plans given by each.
- We are confident in our ability to provide comprehensive 24/7 support and engineering services. This includes the ability to provide both mission-critical on-site engineers, as well as Remote Hands services.
We continue to monitor developments closely with information provided by the CDC as well as information from our healthcare partner, CIGNA. If you have questions or requests please reach out to the OSC here: 866-239-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We remain committed to providing the services and ongoing support that you have come to expect from QTS.
1. What precautions are being taken?
QTS is executing our Business Continuity, Emergency Response and Pandemic Response Plans which were developed in accordance with recognized industry standards. We have significantly ramped cleaning/disinfecting and placed hand sanitizer in high traffic areas. Additionally, we are monitoring our staff closely for symptoms (with heightened focus on areas to have known cases, per the CDC). If any employee displays symptoms, he or she will immediately seek a medical diagnosis and subsequent care or work from home until the symptoms pass.
2. Will there be staffing changes at any of the sites?
We are staffed at normal levels in all data centers and do not foresee any staffing risks at this time. If you are reducing your on-site staff presence, our critical operations staff are standing by to assist. If you have scheduled activities that you can give advanced notice for support, it will help us to schedule/balance resources in order to meet your needs as well as the needs of others taking similar measures. We understand that not all efforts can be scheduled in advance, so we will continue to work with you through our ticketing process and OSC support teams to help you manage your environment during this time.
3. As a customer, what steps need to be taken prior arriving at a QTS facility?
- Customers will continue to have access to their environments as usual. We encourage customers to follow the same safety protocols as recommended by the CDC.
- Monitor local information about COVID-19 in your community.
- Practice personal protective measures (e.g. hand washing, social distancing measures).
Customers should not come on site if:
- Currently experiencing any flu-like symptoms (including fever, body aches/pain, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath).
- Have been in contact with an individual with a confirmed case of Novel Corona (COVID-19) patient in the past 5 days if you don't have symptoms or 10 days if you have symptoms.
5. Does QTS have specific plans to backfill employees that may fall ill?
Yes. In addition to our mitigation plans, we also have plans to provide coverage for any part of our business that may be affected.
6. What is the action plan if an employee falls ill with COVID-19?
Additional deep cleaning measures will be enacted in all areas where the employee was present.
7. How is QTS managing its Supply Chain and ensuring access to critical parts for both internal and customer use?
We are in regular contact with Primary and Secondary sources to ensure access to critical parts and receive updates on overall supply chain readiness. This regular contact is also extended to additional suppliers - construction firms, equipment manufacturers, permitting agencies, inspection agencies and other suppliers critical to our business.
8. When can we expect additional updates from you?
We are monitoring developments closely with information provided by the CDC as well as information from our healthcare partner, CIGNA. Should events or conditions warrant we will update this website and provide email updates to our customers.
9. Will QTS share its Business Continuity, Emergency Response or Pandemic Plans?
Our plans have been developed according to accepted industry standards and we have confidence in the content and execution of the plans. However, we do not share them outside of QTS.
10. Are QTS site services available?
Yes. Security, Shipping and Receiving, and Data Center Operations (DCO), including Remote Hands services, are all available.
11. What is QTS’ policy regarding face coverings?
Face coverings are required where mandated by state or local mandates; any other employee or visitor may wear a face covering if they prefer.
As a reminder we encourage all visitors to practice social distancing and wash hands often while at our sites.
COVID-19 Update as of 7/26/2022