QTS' newest location is in the heart of the Midwest. The strategically located 30-acre campus in downtown Chicago adds to QTS' international presence. Chicago's central location has long made it a hub for financial services, healthcare, technology and a host of consumer goods and service industries.
Located in Chicago's high-demand downtown corridor, QTS has significant capacity to provide our unique integrated product platform of custom data center, colocation and cloud managed services. And with Amazons deployment of an AWS Direct Connect node directly in the data center, QTS has further expanded its hybrid IT solutions leveraging the benefits of both public and private cloud. We look forward to bringing the QTS brand of operational excellence and premium customer experience to the Chicago data center market.
Learn more about QTS Chicago.
Data Center Features
Heart of the Midwest
2800 S. Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL 60608
- 317,000 sq. ft. facility
- 30 acres with room to duplicate existing footprint
- 48,000 sq. ft. data center footprint
- 48" raised floor
- 30 acres
- 317,000 gross square feet
- 134,000 sq. ft. of raised floor capacity
- 24 MW of gross power capacity
- Power to the facility is provided by dual utility from the Quarry substation and an emergency utility line comes from Crawford; all three lines are 8MVA
- All power cabling below floors is installed in either conduit or sealtight flexible conduit with approved connectors to all equipment
- Complete flexibility in design with the 2 MW block solution
- 3 distinct UPS rooms
- Highly efficient utilizing cool outside air without outside contaminants.
- Real-time economization, less engineering planning, intake planning.
- Gives absolute data center design flexibility with no placement obstacle, no CRAH's on the floor
- Automatically accommodates load variations 0 - 4 MW in 30 minutes
- Rapid accommodation with standard unit's being utilized by QTS Chicago
- Security fence surrounds perimeter of property
- Single Point of entrance
- Data center floor and secured areas require card key
- 2-factor biometric authentication (finger print and iris scan)
- Security guards on-site 24x7x365
- Active patrol both inside and outside facility
- Closed circuit video cameras cover the interior and exterior of the building