Purchased in 2013, QTS transformed the former 700,000 sq. ft. Maxim semiconductor manufacturing facility into a state-of-the-art data center. Strategically located on a 40-acre campus in the Irving/Las Colinas area, with the ability to double the footprint on the existing campus, QTS Irving Data Center is ideal for enterprise, medium and small organizations requiring significant room to grow. QTS has achieved the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certification for phase I of Irving data center. In addition, the facility's diverse fiber network connections allow QTS to provide carrier-neutral connectivity with maximum flexibility, providing convenient access to the area's numerous network providers.
Strategic location less than 5 miles from DFW airport with low risk and exposure to major natural disasters.
Data Center Features
6431 Longhorn Drive
Irving, TX 75063
- 54-acre campus
- 700,000 sq. ft. facility
- Ability to increase the current footprint by 600,000 sq. ft.
- 230,000 sq. ft. of raised floor
- Dedicated halls from 25,000 to 30,000 sq. ft.
- Column-free uninterrupted space
- Carrier-neutral facility
- Diverse building entrances with two distinct, separate Meet-Me Rooms
- Convenient in-building access to multiple providers
- Diverse access and redundancy to all regional carrier hotels and long haul carrier POPs
- 2 separate 138kV feeds
- On-site redundant substation (140MVA total)
- Parallel redundant N+1 generator farm
- 48 hours on-site diesel fuel storage; Multiple refueling contracts
- Flexible block redundant static UPS
- Able to meet N+1 or 2N distribution
- Air-cooled and water-cooled chillers
- 48 hours makeup water storage
- 100k gal chilled water storage
- Water-side economization
- Security fence surrounds perimeter of property
- Single Point of entrance
- Data center floor and secured areas require card key
- Two-factor biometric authentication (finger print and iris scan)
- Security guards on-site 24x7x365
- Active patrol both inside and outside facility
- Closed circuit video cameras cover the interior and exterior of the building