Employee Spotlight: Amanda Reeves, Director, Accounting
QTS Location: Overland Park KS
Years with QTS: 15 years (in Sept)
- What does a day in your position look like?
My role is focused on capital and fixed assets. I’m often supporting my team in preparing capital analytics and reporting for various groups throughout the organization. There are also several exciting projects going on right now, so I’m heavily involved in working sessions to move those forward.
- What is your favorite part of working for QTS?
I genuinely love what I do! At times it can be challenging and even overwhelming, but I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t. Also, there are some amazing QTSer’s here and to be a part of this family is the best!
- What do you enjoy most about eagle club? What are you looking forward to most this year?
I enjoy getting to connect with other QTSer’s and hear about the incredible things they’ve accomplished. What I’m looking forward to this year is the destination! Hint: see question #5
- What advice would you give someone looking to grow as a leader?
Your team doesn’t work for you, you work for your team. Your responsibility as a leader is to provide opportunities for your team to grow. Delegate tasks. Let them take ownership. Support them by helping without taking over.
- What does a perfect day outside of the office look like for you?
The perfect day outside the office for me would be with my husband; somewhere on a beach with lots of sunshine, my feet in the sand and my kindle.